View Single Post
Old 25-Aug-2014, 10:04 PM   #2
GroundUrMast

If the mast passes through the roofing material and underlying sheeting, you'll certainly want to have an appropriately sized flashing / boot to stop rain water from damaging the structure under the roofing material.

Quote:
Is it ok to use same grounding clamp as service ground wire?
I'm sure the NEC would require the connector to be approved for terminating two wires. However, if the connection is electrically sound and mechanically secure, it will no doubt function.

Quote:
Is it ok to run the grounding wires through exterior wall to get to grounding rod within the wall?
The NEC says you can run grounding conductors into and through the structure. When grounding an antenna system, I avoid this if possible. I would prefer to keep fault current out of my house to the degree I'm able.
Quote:
Can one attach grounding wires to electrical service panel instead?
Yes, but be sure to understand the hazards involved when working around energized equipment. It is no doubt much safer to place an appropriate clamp on the exterior conduit that attaches to the meter base (presuming it's accessible).

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote