View Single Post
Old 25-Aug-2014, 7:57 PM   #1
ralfagus

Need help/opinions on my install

I installed a winegard HD7698P on a 1 1/4" EMT pipe 10' tall on the roof.
I drilled a hole through 2nd story roof overhang and used U brackets to hold mast against 2x4 rafter under roof overhang. The bottom of the pipe rests on a 2' section of 2x4 that sits on the roof of my 1st floor roof. There is about 3' between 2nd story roof overhang and fist story roof.
Grounded coax with grounding block and mast using #10 insulated stranded copper wire to service grounding rod. Grounding block and mast have their own ground wire. Used screw side of existing grounding clamp to press wires against rod since there wasnt enough space for new clamp. Ground rod was under service panel between exterior and interior garage wall so I had to drill hole in exterrior stucco wall to get to rod.

Questions are:
Is it ok to run mast through the roof overhang like I did?
Is it ok to use same grounding clamp as service ground wire?
Is it ok to run the grounding wires through exterior wall to get to grounding rod within the wall?
Can one attach grounding wires to electrical service panel instead?

I just want to make sure im not doing something wrong as this is my first time mounting an antenna.
Below is a picture of the grounding clamp and can provide more pictures of the install when I get home if it helps.

Last edited by ralfagus; 25-Aug-2014 at 8:00 PM.
ralfagus is offline   Reply With Quote