View Single Post
Old 26-Jan-2010, 4:06 AM   #3
bigbangbaby

Hi mtownsend:

Thanks for replying!

Well, since my posting, I've been pretty busy and a friend of mine has since helped me set up a Qterra 22-421HD Outdoor HDTV Antenna in my attic which is about 30-35 feet from the ground. Here are the specs of the Qterra antenna:

- HDTV & SDTV reception
- wideband reception
- Frequency: 45-860MHz
- Gain: 25-30dB
- Output Impedance: 75
- Standing Wave Ratio: <=1.5
- Power: AC 110v

Here's what the antenna looks like:

The coax cable is connected to the antenna and we tried 2 scenarios:

(1) we split a coax cable, connected it to the other cable that is built in to the AC adapter, and then connected it to my TV;
(2) connected the coax cable directly from the antenna to the TV.

In both scenarios, we were only able to get the 9 following channels:

05 CBC
09 CTV
19 TVO
25 SRC
41 Global
47 OMNI 1
52 CKXT
57 CITY
69 OMNI 2

From what you've said, I should be getting all the channels (including the American ones) using an antenna. I have a feeling that either: (a) this antenna is crap; or (b) we set it up wrong, it should be plugged in, and it's pointing in the wrong direction?

Should I just trash this antenna and get a better one? Is there an antenna you can recommend that has great reception from inside an attic? It was a real hassle to set up this antenna and only get 9 channels. If I just get an indoor antenna and get the same results (9 channels), then I can @ least get rid of this indoor antenna and clean up the cable that's hanging down the side of our townhouse.

Thanks again for your help!

BBB
bigbangbaby is offline   Reply With Quote