View Single Post
Old 1-Aug-2023, 1:54 PM   #31
bobsgarage
Antenna Enthusiast

Avant X experience. Better late than never I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
Then to sum it up you are 40 & 50 miles from any of the xmitters with high gain antennas with no real overload conditions. Is that correct?

If so, then the Avant-X would be able to handle that. How about what the spectrum looks like directly off the antennas? Also, how about narrowing up the spectrum for 'groups' of channels?

Separate question, can you confirm a software glitch where the 11th channel position on each page (the one furthest to the right) can NOT be manually adjusted + - 3db?
Here it is a couple of years later and I'm just now noticing this. I'm sure I've been to this site since then but apparently I missed your questions but better late than never I guess.

So I am about 39 miles north of Chicago on the Lake Michigan coastline. I'm actually below the lake Chicago Bluff which is geological history when Lake Michigan was Lake Chicago after the last ice age. This just means I'm below a ridge which is approximately on Sheridan Road so I lose about 20 ft of elevation. I also have some large oak trees directly in the path of Chicago. Not much I can do about that other than pay a tree trimmer with a high tower and gouge out a tunnel and that would do nothing about my neighbor's trees but it would improve things, but I digress. I am also 48 to 49 miles south of Milwaukee with what I would consider a fairly clear path with some trees well over 100 ft distant. I'm not so sure that those trees aren't a problem either because it's really messing with my ganging projects..

In the following pictures I have tried vertical stacking and horizontal ganging with these and other antennas. I don't know if it's the Tri-boom design or what. I may come back here and do a post just on this project if there's any interest of course.

Damn, I forgot how hard it is to upload pictures on this forum.

Since I have to go to work I'll come back but that's the first question answered. This post is not finished.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230404_075011_copy_485x1024.jpg (99.3 KB, 1225 views)
bobsgarage is offline   Reply With Quote