View Single Post
Old 20-Dec-2019, 1:21 PM   #27
jrgagne99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
I'd rather go back to analog -- at least it worked 99.9% of the time...

This Saturday: Bills vs. Pats but ONLY on the NFL network which I cannot get...
I too am bummed that I won't be able to watch the Pats beat up on the Bills this weekend.

A bit more seriously, there is actually precedent for NFL-Network games being broadcast on the local networks, for especially really big games. It happened in 2007 for the Patriot's final game of their undefeated regular season. From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
In their final regular season game, the 15–0 Patriots traveled to Giants Stadium, trying to win a record 16th game of the season. With the game scheduled to air on NFL Network, not available on some cable providers, the NFL arranged a three-way simulcast of the game with CBS and NBC, the first time an NFL game was broadcast on three networks, and the first national simulcast of any NFL game since Super Bowl I.
ESPN has been saying this is the biggest game for the Bills since the Jim Kelly era. Maybe your local stations will simulcast it? It is certainly worth looking into.

If not, I guess we'll all just need to go old-school and listen on the radio. At least that signal hasn't gone digital yet, in the US at least.

With all sincerity, good luck guys!
jrgagne99 is offline   Reply With Quote