View Single Post
Old 23-Jan-2018, 7:40 PM   #1
Jea1972

Antenna wiring question- new home

This forum helped me cut the cord a few years ago with some great suggestions and recommendations.

I recently purchased a new home and once again am looking for any assistance.

My new home is a 2 story model. The “distribution” box is located on the exterior of the home. There is a satellite currently installed on the roof that is not in use. There are coaxial cables currently running from the satellite into a 4 way splitter inside the “distribution” box. Additionally in the “distribution” box is a separate feed from the cable company coming up from an underground feed. The cable feed then runs down into the crawl space underneath the house.

There are a total of 8 coaxial outlet boxes in the house: 4 on the 1st floor & the other 4 on the 2nd floor. The 4 on the 1st floor are fed in through the crawl space. The 4 on the 2nd floor are fed in up through the attic.

There are conflicting coaxial cords currently in the crawl space and attic(assuming from the satellite and cable companies?) with many cables not currently attached. I also found several splitters just laying around so it looks like the lines have been altered previously.

I would like to install my existing antenna (RCA ANT751R) in my attic and split between the 8 coaxial outlets. I have an HOA in place and am not sure about exterior antenna limitations etc.

Given the circumstances I described above what would be the best way to go about trying to make this happen? I realize I will need to keep my antenna wiring system separate from the internet service that I need to have set up.

Below is the TV Fool report for my new home.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...60edbf6627d368

Sorry for the long winded message, just wanted to try and adequately explain the situation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jea1972 is offline   Reply With Quote