View Single Post
Old 5-Aug-2016, 11:12 AM   #13
newmguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nascarken View Post
You should have left the DB 8 where it was and move the VHF down to 3Ft
I did this and it made no difference. So I then took down the DB8e and installed only the 30-2476 antenna. Connected directly to the antenna, no amps, splitters, etc..
Still no better reception than just the Antennas Direct dipole by itself.

The station I am not seeing any improvement is ch 9 (CFTO). The quality is low with the 30-2476 antenna compared to the Antennas Direct dipole even when aimed directly at the transmitter and connected directly to the antenna no amps, splitters, etc... (on the roof).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsgarage View Post
In both cases reception is excellent until I combine the arrays, then I get some reception issues.
Check the balun. The new style baluns can break easily.
I have checked everything, it's all good. I can pull in distant stations with the 30-2476 antenna so I know it works.
However these same stations come in with the dipole antenna as well.
One in particular is Channel 12, (CHEX).
If you look at my TV Fool report, you will see this transmitter is is 62 miles away.

When aimed correctly, both antennas (the Antennas Direct dipole and the 30-2476 antenna)
pull in this channel.

I am not saying the 30-2476 antenna is not working. I guess my expectations for this antenna were higher.

If I can get the same signal & quality in my area with the very small lightweight dipole, then why would I want to
put this great big antenna on my mast?
newmguy is offline   Reply With Quote