View Single Post
Old 9-Oct-2013, 4:29 AM   #7
GroundUrMast

To scan or not to scan...

If you were working with a typical TV set, the rescan advise would be relevant. There is no need to rescan the HDHR when you are using the HomeRun Config (GUI). You are able to directly enter the real channel number and PID, so the tuner has no need to be rescanned. In fact, rescanning may impact your WMC configuration,

You have an excellent test tool at your disposal in the HDHR and HomeRun Config (GUI). I agree with ADTech and Tower Guy, 100% signal strength while getting 0% signal quality makes me think you have a lot of interference or you are over amplifying your signal... Or both.

Signal strength indicated by the HDHR can run at 100%, but strive for high signal quality values. When dealing with a weak signal, I'll gladly settle for 60% signal strength if I get stable signal quality of 60% or higher.

I wish all tuners gave you the option to directly enter real channel numbers and PIDs like the HDHR does. The more I use the HDHR as a test tool, the less urge I feel to spend a bunch of money on a commercial grade signal meter.

It's worth repeating, until the antenna can deliver a usable signal into a single tuner though a short coax, you don't have a signal worth amplifying. And in your case, amplifying a good signal may be destroying it.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 9-Oct-2013 at 4:34 AM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote