View Single Post
Old 12-Aug-2013, 10:30 PM   #14
GroundUrMast

Given the distance and path profile, reliable reception of the LA signals is unlikely. I believe you'll find the LA signals will be intermittent, depending on weather / atmospheric conditions. Reliable reception of the San Diego signal should be easier though.

Most of the local signals are broadcast on channels in the UHF band, which makes the CS-4 a good choice. However, many folks in the San Diego area find they need a second antenna capable of High-VHF reception in order to see KFMB and KGTV (real CH-8 & CH-10).

I would face the CS-4 about 150° per a real compass. (I have found the iPhone compass to be wildly unreliable.) I would also add an Antennacraft Y5713 pointed at 204°. Combine the two antennas into a common down-lead using an Antennacraft 10G221 preamplifier.

If you want to chase the LA signals, consider building a separate antenna system using the highest performance UHF and H-VHF antennas and preamps available... but understand that you may never achieve 100% reliability from that far away.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote