View Single Post
Old 24-Jun-2015, 1:35 PM   #1
MarkSB

Add a second bay to my Gray-Hoverman? (York, PA)

Per the title, I just moved to the York area and would like to get all of the major channels out of Baltimore, especially for NFL season. Baltimore is the city I chose, because there appears to be all the major channels in that one direction, so I could (hopefully), just point my antenna in one direction and get everything. In addition, I'm living on the second floor of an apartment complex, and the only place I can really put an antenna is on the deck which is on the south side of the building. The south side of the building is also facing down a hill, so there's not too many obstructions (besides some trees which are about 20 feet away from the deck, and hills of course on the horizon).

I currently have a SBGH, and had good success using it to pick up diffracted TV signals in a similar situation - where the signal was traveling about 70 miles over some rough terrain with a lot of elevation changes. Similar situation here, but I'm having some trouble getting good reception with the SBGH. So what I'm wondering is:

1. If I add a second bay, should I be able to pull a signal. I know the only real way to find out is to try it, but was wondering if anyone has used it in a similar situation and got good reception.

2. I've got a couple signals to the east (signal analysis is below), which I can also pick up with an antenna placed on the patio, but then I lose reception with the TV stations to the south. I'm wondering if I can add a second (Omni-directional) antenna which I have, to pick up the stations to the Northeast (mainly Fox, channel 47), and use the DBGH to pick up the stations to the south. I know there's VHF/UHF diplexers out there (my antenna's pre-amp has one), but is there anything that I can use to combine two UHF channels? Or would I be stuck with having to rotate the antenna?

Any thought/ideas/discussion is appreciated. My signal analysis is below. I can't give too much detail about my elevation, I put 15 feet as the antenna height but I'm not sure what TV Fool is referencing it from, because as said, I'm on a hill (almost at the top, but not quite).

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...82301bf0644f0a

Last edited by MarkSB; 24-Jun-2015 at 1:38 PM.
MarkSB is offline   Reply With Quote