View Single Post
Old 1-Oct-2012, 12:57 AM   #6
jj00

So I should take away from this that I can do well with an "Antennas Direct Clear Stream 2 Complete" over the one the installer recommended on the phone, the Channel Master 4228 HD? The prices are in the same ballpark, but the CM might be a little cheaper.

Is it just a matter of putting this on my roof and aiming South? I'm concerned over the coax distance the signal has to travel to get into my living room (roof->basement & basement->living room). Do I need to worry about the signal strength when travelling these distances via coax?

Thanks a lot for your feedback. I'm not up on all the terminology, but it doesn't seem like it's too hard of a thing to setup as long as I keep it simple. At the very least I think I can do as much as possible within reason. If I get into trouble, then call someone in to finish the job. It should be cheaper that way and a learning experience for me.

As far as 28.1, after rescanning my Tivo found the new channels! Unfortunately it doesn't register those as the same channels as Tacoma's PBS. I believe I have to send an email to Tivo to inform them of the change. I had to do this when Fox added the other channel (22?) to help with 13's reception issues.
jj00 is offline   Reply With Quote