View Single Post
Old 29-Sep-2013, 4:55 PM   #7
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Not offended, just pointing out that, without any real details, everything is left to the interpretations of the reader.

Since you have the Digiwave/Solid Signal 8-bay, I'll defer on that one. Call Solid Signal.

The correct antenna for your area is the ClearStream 2V mounted so that it faces to the southeast. No amplifier is needed nor is recommended.

The difference, as noted above, between the C2 and C2v is the addition of the VHF element which would improve reception of your local Fox station should it be needed. Should you need it (probably don't), the VHF kit is on our website under Accessories > Reflectors.

I do not see much in the way of increased channels that are available to your area. More antenna plus an amp doesn't mean you'll get more when there's nothing on the fringe that might be accessible with greater effort. You are already getting all of your major local Dothan/Panama City stations. Mobile and Tallahassee are both out of range. There is one low power station with its transmitter at PCB, WPCT, that you might add but it will likely require that the antenna be re-aimed to a bearing of 195 true.

Quote:
I thought with a bigger antenna the reception and number of channels would increase it being placed outside and at twice the height.
Unfortunately, there is no basis in reality for that belief based on your situation.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote