View Single Post
Old 19-Sep-2014, 3:12 PM   #17
tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirota View Post
I don't know, I'm new to the neighborhood and not sure how the neighbors would react.
Aside from any legal worries, which would be unfounded, you said that the house had a satellite dish before you bought it, and I would assume some of your neighbors have them now. There's no difference, as far as I'm concerned. Mount whatever antenna you choose and be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirota View Post
Anyway, back to my original questions, still not sure what to order between ANT751, HBU11K (I probably want to get the kit here so it comes with the mounting hardware), ClearStream 2V (just because it looks a bit different and more modern though I should not be buying on looks alone, performance is more important). Any final recommendations between these 3?
The C2V has about twice the gain on UHF as the other two, but less gain on high-VHF. But it would work just fine, as would the others. Go with what you like, either for aesthetics, or performance (the HBU11 and ANT751r have more gain on low-VHF, and those are your weaker stations, though I rather doubt it matters), or cost (HBU11 and ANT751r are probably cheaper), availability (Radio Shack probably stocks the HBU11, but other big stores carry the ANT751r and C2V). But any of them should work well for you without an amplifier.
tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote