View Single Post
Old 17-Sep-2014, 1:10 PM   #5
tomfoolery

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirota View Post
I'd prefer a smaller/discrete antenna (Mohu Sky? EZ-HD?) so it doesn't become an eye sore and the subject of discussions when I have people over or have the neighbors complain about it.
Also consider the similar HBU11. Or if you like a panel-type, the Clearstream 2V, which has the VHF dipole, or the DB2e with the optional dipole. From what I can tell, the EZ HD actually is an ANT751.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirota View Post
I was considering an attic install too, to keep the antenna out of sight -- would that work at my location?
It might. I have a similar TVF report to yours, and use a DB4e in my attic, with a dipole for high-VHF, and it's just enough on my weakest station, at least with my particular tv (some tuners are better than others at sorting out noisy or multipath signals). Reflected signals bouncing around in there, weakened from looking through roofing material (no reflective foil up there, though), some trees several hundred feet away - not a good situation, so I have a higher gain antenna than I would have used outdoors, like the ANT751r or HBU11.

You can always try a small one in there, and see what you get (move it around a lot to find a sweet spot), but outdoors is always better if you can live with it, and that dish mast is a good place to start. IMO.
tomfoolery is offline   Reply With Quote