View Single Post
Old 11-Jan-2010, 9:50 PM   #5
OTAMAN2010

Amp at 15 miles

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishguy View Post
My current setup is an antenna purchased at Menards 8 yrs ago and a phillips pre-amp booster that I cannot remember the model number. I do not have a rotor on the antenna either. Lately I can have strong signals on 6.1 and 10.1 in my area and then within hours I will go to a poor signal or no signal at all for these channels. I get up on the roof and adjust the antenna angle and regain signal strength and again can loose the strength the next day. I am ready to upgrade to a better antenna, but I am looking to get one that will bring in the signals for 6.1, 10.1 & 10.2 and anything else possible for my area. Here is my locator information
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...b32b50e971070c
Mtown don't you think a amp at 15 miles is to strong. Amps are for distance and long cable run 60 feet and better. But again an old amp could be bad. Most amp are 2 parts do you have both part.

I have 4 tvs and 2 converter boxs all work fine. Placed the amp above the splitter.

Also stablize your antenna, if the tip raise due to wind it will loose the siginal

Try that and see.
Hope it help.

Last edited by OTAMAN2010; 11-Jan-2010 at 9:52 PM.
OTAMAN2010 is offline   Reply With Quote