View Single Post
Old 25-Mar-2013, 9:58 PM   #5
Ynot713

Thank you for all the suggestions.

I just got done troubleshooting and trying to isolate the issue.

This is what I did:

I ran a new coaxial line outside, through a bedroom window and directly into a TV. I bypassed the preamp and ran this directly to the antenna. I got reception. Not only my towers 2 miles away but also towers 50+ miles away.

I then ran the outside line into the preamp and connected the antenna to the preamp through the jumper cable I had. I kept the outside line run directly into the TV and plugged in the power injector right at the TV. NOTHING. Then I unplugged the power injector I got a signal again.

With that I figured I discovered my issue but I wanted to test the main line going through the ridge vent to the basement splitter.

So I hooked everything up as it was using the main feed through the attic to the basement (hooking everything up through the preamp as its shown in the pics). The only thing I didn't do was connect the power injector because that seemed to be where there issue was. I checked my TVs plugged into the main cable outlets in the house and found that I got all the stations from the towers 2 miles away but nothing more. I am attributing this to signal loss from the antenna run to the 5 way splitter to the run to the TVs in the house. I expected this. This is why I need a preamp.

So it seems that the issue either lies with the power injector, preamp or both.

Any opinions on other suggestions or is there agreement that I have found the issue at hand?

It stinks cause the preamp was brand new!

Thanks again and look forward to any further advice anyone has.

Also, attached is a pic of my splitter setup in the basement. This is how Time Warner did it. The line in the middle of the upper splitter is the main feed from the antenna. Disregard the grey preamp at the top, that's for my internet.

Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo (768x1024) (600x800) (2).jpg (354.0 KB, 1215 views)
Ynot713 is offline   Reply With Quote