View Single Post
Old 8-Oct-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
tarheel

Can I get these channels?

I do have a very minor problem, there is one channel I would love to pick up but don't. It's only for football purposes, as of right now I get the loathed Panther broadcasts in my region and would love to get Redskins broadcasts. Here is what TVfool says I get (pay particular attention to 7.1 CBS and 27.1 FOX):

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae5546cd678c

I can receive 7.1 fine (4 bars out of six signal in WMC), but 27.1 and 10.1 I can't get and I occassionally get 13.1 and 38.1 (even 21.1 at night due to tropospheric scatter). I have a directional antenna (clearstream4) mounted to an antenna rotator with a preamp (ChannelMaster 7700 Titan 2). I have no splitters other than the internal one on the HDHomerun. I would think it would be Co-channel interference except for the fact that with the directional antenna the interfering channel (17.1) does not get detected at the direction I point to get the 27.1 signal. However I can get 17.1 fine when the antenna is pointed in the towers direction. Is this the fault of entering the zip code, allowing only channels located in that zip code to be shown? Or is it a limitation of the tuner being unable to distinguish co-channel interference.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,
tarheel is offline   Reply With Quote