View Single Post
Old 29-Jan-2016, 2:25 PM   #49
shoman94

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Yes, more or less the same.

No. You cannot do it with the C4 combiner without really messing up the engineering of the phasing bars.

You'd either have to start with two C2 antennas and make a combiner (out of coax cables and a two port splitter, for example) or, if you have a C4, use standard baluns (matching transformers) to match to the same homemade combiner.
I guess my view is a little fuzzy at the moment. I see what you're saying but I'm not sure without trying that it cannot be done with the current phase bar/combiner.
I say this because the two loop elements are the same so if you flip one of them 180 so the connections are at the bottom then place that one on top of the other so the connection face each other, the orientation for the connections should be the same for the phase bars. See my sketchy 2 min sketch of what I mean attached.

Like I said, dimensionally I don't know until I try it. Maybe you have some parts and pieces you can try?...lol

About channel 10 and 11... I think that is being picked up by the loop antennas. I haven't raised it yet but last night I tried rotating it in different positions and some matter what position I put the dipoles in, the only signal that were effected was channel 8. No matter what position I placed the dipole, the signal strength remained the same for channel 10 and 11 (32-35%).
Attached Images
File Type: png SketchC4Vert.png (8.1 KB, 722 views)

Last edited by shoman94; 29-Jan-2016 at 2:30 PM.
shoman94 is offline   Reply With Quote