View Single Post
Old 12-May-2017, 12:26 PM   #38
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbear View Post
After reading other posts about poor reception, how much does being surrounded by trees contribute to my issue? There are lots of trees between me and Mt Mansfield.

That would have been good to know much sooner. I did point out (twice) that we didn't know any details about your signal path (among other things).

If trees are in the signal path, take any prediction made by the simulator and throw it out the window. Then, go outside and stomp on it a few times. For good measure, dig a hole and bury it. Then put a really big rock on top of it. The simulator's predictions are dead and buried since they are useless and no longer apply.

I've personally visited a location what was less than 5 miles from a million watt UHF tower, and measured a >50 dB reduction in signal power when moving a mere 50 feet from a spot with LOS to one behind a mature wet silver maple tree. When the wind blew, the signal looked like it had gone through a shredder and reception failed.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 12-May-2017 at 12:54 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote