Thread: Dallasproblems
View Single Post
Old 26-Aug-2014, 4:09 AM   #14
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by emartz91 View Post
Sounds like a signal quality, multipath issue. A directional antenna solves that issue as it recieves in 70 degree beam width. The clearstream 2-V has a small footprint and includes a vhf dipole. I use that antenna and recieve all networks and 50+ channels.
I agree that this is a quality issue. Just like sound waves can be loud while being distorted and therefor hard to understand, or, plagued by echo or added noise, so also hard to understand... Radio waves can be strong, but unusable.

I would lean toward a directional antenna as you suggest. I'd have no guilt suggesting a Winegard HD7694P or Antennacraft HBU-33... due to the amount of trees mentioned.

To the OP, verify that you have no metal foil in the attic, I understand that it's common to find radiant barrier installed in attics in that part of the country. TV signals will have little chance of penetrating the foil layer on most radiant barrier materials.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote