View Single Post
Old 7-Jan-2015, 5:53 PM   #6
Jake V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conju View Post
Thanks Jake! Out of curiosity, what prompted you to suggest an ANT-751 for starters? RCA is showing very little in terms of technical data on this one. Is there a reason the suggested antenna doesn't include a reflector?
Your signals are pretty strong, and numerous people have had great success with the ANT-751. Plus, it's generally under $50.

Alternates I would consider (which I should have listed) include the Antennacraft HBU-11 or HBU-11K ($35, not including mounting), or, for a few dollars more, the HBU-22, and the Antennas Direct C2V would also be good choices (but is quite a bit more in cost).

I'd probably start by aiming at about 7 degrees on a compass, scanning for channels a few times, and then adjusting a little each way until you have everything you want.

Home antennas are fun to build and play with. But, if they don't work very well in the attic, then the wife factor enters the picture. She's probably allow a smallish outdoor antenna if she got her favorite channels. But a home made anything on the roof is asking for trouble.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote