View Single Post
Old 1-Oct-2015, 5:15 PM   #1
DStank

Under 10 miles but still having trouble

Hello, I am having decent reception but would like to improve it if possible. My setup is a HD Frequency Cable Cutter antenna, currently connected straight into a TiVo Roamio OTA DVR with a 12ft RG6 cable.

I have a spare cable amplifier from a previous Comcast installation that I haven't tried using yet. I've moved the TiVo & Antenna to the second floor. I would prefer it on the first floor but the reception seems better upstairs.

I would like to place the antenna in the attic but I'm unsure how a long cable run might affect the signal. My house is two-story plus attic and a basement. If the antenna ends up in the attic the cable will run from the attic into the basement then back up to the first floor to the TiVo. So maybe about 60 feet of RG6 and a few barrel connectors.

For the nearby channels I'm trying to receive the TiVo reports the signal strength from 60-75 (0-100 scale). Generally that seems to be okay but every couple of minutes, some channels more than others, I have pixelation.

Being as close as I am to the stations broadcast I was hoping to be able to get over 90 on TiVo's signal strength and have no issues.

Here's my TV Fool Signal Analysis Results:
http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...8e03b98b2c9c0f

What can I do get the best results?
DStank is offline   Reply With Quote