View Single Post
Old 3-Jun-2012, 5:46 AM   #1
mdoverstreet

Help with Reception

Hello ya'll! I have a friend who was looking to get some sort of tv. The friend had been living in the house for about a year and all he done was watch DVDs. I pointed out the fact that he had an OTA antenna on his chimney. He did not even know it was there. LOL! Very observant, huh? It was about 10-12' long or so. I have no idea what the make was. Instead of a bow tie in the V, it was oval. Here is the tvfool link. http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...134924ca54d8d4 I had a Winegard AP8275 that I sold him. We got it connected inside and outside. He's using satellite coax from a Dish Net satellite that he was not subscribed to that was left by the previous owners and there is one barrel connecter that I can remember having to use. From the antenna to the tv is about 25-30'. I had to use a converter box for the signal level because I couldn't find it on his TV, which is DTV ready. He gets 32(4), 22(7), 12(11), 30(16) and 44(42) with good signal strength, most of them low to mid 60s. Channel 39(38) is pretty low, but somewhat watchable. He cannot get 7(2), 20, 25, 36, or 49, which I guess is now 47. I can't get 47 either and I'm a lot closer to it than he, but that for another time. I was really surprised that he could even get that amount of channels. I told him that if he wanted to get the remaining channels, he'd have to go up higher with the antenna. He actually thought he was going to get something with rabbit ears. He also wants to be able to watch in his bedroom which is another 25-30' away from the living room tv, and the whole house is wired for tv, but only the living room tv and bedroom tv will be connected. There will be no signal going through any of the other coax. Is he going to have enough power to get it that far? He was happy to have something to watch. What do ya'll think?

Last edited by mdoverstreet; 3-Jun-2012 at 5:56 AM.
mdoverstreet is offline   Reply With Quote