View Single Post
Old 14-Apr-2010, 3:38 PM   #41
rwilson1206

Well, I suppose first I'll try lowering the CM 4221 and rotating to around 74 degrees, if that doesnt work. Then I will consider an A/B switch, although I know there were conditions you mentioned on using it correctly, my HDTV is samsung, Ive tried saving channels, and then rescanning again, and the saved channels I dont believe are there anymore. I know you said something about making sure your digital converter can save channels, so when I scan each antenna, I can save the channels from it, then switch to the other antenna and rescan again? Am I correct in that?

I have a Samsung series 6 640 HDTV. My digital converter for my standard tv is an apex, the ones you can get from best buy, pretty crappy, got it for free. I am considering buying the Zenith DTT901 converter for my other standard TV.

Not to disregard your advise Dave, youve all been a big help, I just want to get this right. I dont know anything about A/B switch, can you suggest one and tell me where to install it in my setup (just replace my coupler with it?). And how to operate it.

Also, right now from the coupler I have the main lead going into (1) hdp 269. Should I get another HDP and put one of them on each antenna lead, then go into the coupler or A/B switch after that? I dont know if I'd see any improvements or not, as all channels come in now except the ones I mentioned recently. I know you suggested before Tower Guy to get (2) HDP 269's, one for each antenna.

One last thing, channel CBS (10 real) came in good at first, but the last two days it hasnt come in good. Someone else I talked to who lives in Akron, says CBS is crappy, and he has cable. But still, is there any reason this isnt coming in good from the way I'm set up now?

Last edited by rwilson1206; 20-Apr-2010 at 8:11 PM.
rwilson1206 is offline   Reply With Quote