View Single Post
Old 1-Apr-2016, 10:35 PM   #1
ZippyTheChicken

is there a notch filter just for channel 42? :o)

I broke down and got one of those solid signal 8bay antennas to get signal from 2 directions and it works kinda..

I do get most of my Philly stations pretty well and I get Baltimore fox which has a 24hr weather sub channel which i really wanted ..

but umm fox 29 philly 18.3db which is broadcast on 42 real conflicts with Baltimore pbs on real 42. 2.9db . unfortunately some of the other good stations in Baltimore are close to 42 so I don't want to lose them..

Also I pulled my VHF bar off my ClearStream 4v and dropped it on the philly side of the antenna and I don't get channel 12 anymore .. there is no cochannel for 12 philly..

here is my fool report

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...f1f0bef57dd8d9

I replaced the Combiner/Splitter that came with the 8bay since it said its low end was around 430 or something .. guessing thats real close to channel 13-14 without looking that up and replaced it with a channel plus bidirectional 1gig splitter..

anyway .. as you can guess I am getting cochannels and stuff but it would be nice to have philly fox29 for the news and then that fox in baltimore for the weather channel and grit and ASN ..

think I am going to replace their coax with some nice solid copper and maybe throw that CS4V under it with my 7777 amp bosting it all ..

see what adjusting position and openness of the bays will get me..
I will have to wright down all the channels I get and make a choice on what I can live with..

blah.. pretty sure there isn't just single channel notch filters .. but!

thought I would ask
ZippyTheChicken is offline   Reply With Quote