View Single Post
Old 30-Sep-2013, 12:41 AM   #2
StephanieS

Hi Brian,

KTAB should be the easiest to catch, KRBC should be reliable and KXVA you should see it. Expect though perhaps a drop out or two occasionally on KXVA. Weak signals over edges in my experience can fluctuate enough to fall below reception threshold. Also, Keep in mind, TV fool is only a ballpark. With OTA television reception, there are many variables to contend with that TV fool may not take into account.

That said, how long of a coax do you intend to run? Are you splitting it to multiple TVs?

A preamp would be benefitial for the weaker signals, however KIDU's closeness of magenetic compass to the Abilene stations might set the stage for over driving your receiver. The RCA TVPRAMP1R has a reputation for not overloading. I've been using one with my Antennas direct 91XG pointed at 141 magnetic. At 70 magnetic I have strong locals which the RCA TVPRAMP1R doesn't shut down or overdrive my receiver with them present.

What antenna are you using? How's the obstructions surrounding the antenna?

At your location I'd buy a Antennas Direct 91XG and point it at 311 magnetic to start with and see what it catches.

Bad news on the Abilene ABC though I'm afraid. -9db is well into extreme efforts to receive. Be prepared to only have CBS, NBC and FOX with NBC and FOX perhaps having occasional drop outs.

Best of luck.

Last edited by StephanieS; 30-Sep-2013 at 12:44 AM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote