View Single Post
Old 20-Jan-2015, 7:02 PM   #2
Jake V

It all depends on what you want.

Your TV Fool Report includes a number of translators. Here's some additional information:

Translator / Real Channel # / Call Sign / Network
K19GH-D 19 KSLR (Fox, MyN)
KHWB-LD 38 Religious
K21FS-D 21 KEPB (PBS)
KEVU-CD 23 (MyN)
K11GT-D 11 KEZI (ABC, Me-TV)
KORY-CA 41 ??
KAMK-LD 49 KBLN (3ABN)
K14LP-D 14 (ION/Qubo/ION Life)
K20IR-D 20 (Oregon PBS)
K22HO-D 22 KOBI (NBC, This TV)
K40IS-D 40 KSLR, KEVU (Fox, MyN)
K42HK-D 42 KEZI (ABC, Me-TV)
K44JP-D 44 KPTV, KPDX (Fox, MyN)
K46IP-D 46 KVAL (CBS, This TV, Grit)
K47AV-D 47 KEVU (MyN)
K48KC-D 48 KTMR, KMTR (News 16, CW)
K50CT-D 50 Religious
K14GW-D 14 KSLR, KEVU (Fox, My TV)

Your easiest solution is to use a DB-8e with one panel pointed at 257 degrees and the other at about 345 degrees for the UHF channels, with a Y5713 at about 345 degrees for the VHF HI channels.

However, I'd look up each of your channels shown in green and yellow to make a list of the the main and subchannels (shown as 13.1, 13.2, etc.). [You can use rabbitears.info or wiki). Then I'd compare them to the list of translators shown above to determine if there is anything you really want to have from the stations to the south. Examples might be "This TV" or "Grit" or "CW" networks, or maybe a different Fox or CBS affiliate (which can often carry a different football game in the fall). I'd then make a full list of what was wanted, making it look like your TV Fool Report and post it.

One possibility might be to remove the reflector from one panel of the DB-8e and aim it to 173 degrees to try for the station to the south (and pick up the ones in green at 345 degrees off the back). I'd certainly try it, but they are less strong so you'd need a clear view to the south (no buildings, no trees).

But these are higher end solutions, and you may have a more restrictive budge or just really want only the stations in green and yellow.

Also, wait for the experts to comment.
Jake V is offline   Reply With Quote