View Single Post
Old 27-Oct-2020, 7:32 PM   #12
jkeldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTMC View Post
If a resistor went out on the power supply at some point and started feeding the pre-amp with too much power, that would have hastened its demise at least...but this RCA TVPRAMP provided me over five years of good service (and for $24 too), which isn't bad in any circumstance...particularly as I ran across plenty of anecdotes about them dying within two years, back when I was shopping for the setup.

The listing Amazon takes me to if I want to re-order the same is here, and the price is currently $29.54:

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-TVPRAMP1Z...dp/B003P92D9Y/

Any thoughts on whether getting that again seems wise, or whether I should look at alternatives like the Winegard LNA-200?
Keep in mind that the new version of the RCA preamp only has a single input so if you need the separate VHF and UHF inputs, the one on Amazon your link specifiies is probably not the one as it has a 2 before the E where the other model had a 1 before the E only. Here are two pics of one I purchased about a year ago from Menards that had a barcode of 044476071669. Lowes used to also have this model but probably has the new one now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rca1.jpg (123.6 KB, 793 views)
File Type: jpg rca2.jpg (184.9 KB, 737 views)
jkeldo is offline   Reply With Quote