View Single Post
Old 6-Sep-2018, 5:23 PM   #1
corvairbob

help with tv8 in mi.

does anyone here live in the area of tv8 in grand rapids michigan's channel 29.1-2-3 ? i live 6 miles from the tower to the south west of it. and i have a deep fringe 4 gang antenna pointed towards that tower and it just will not come in on a steady basis.

the engineer is telling me it is atmospheric conditions that is making it drop out. my tv show an 87% signal but no programming, so i see the carrier wave but no picture. he says humidity and then he says temperature and then wind next i expect sun spots. most of the time it drops out it is raining. but why is this the only channel?

i'm thinking the tower is getting to me but the station is not getting to the tower all the time. i get all the other channels great and hardly ever have drop out issues with them. 29 just turns off like a switch but i still have signal strength.

so if there are others in my area are you have the same issues then they are just blowing smoke. i find it hard to swallow atmospheric conditions for just this station. the only thing i think is they are having issues with the signal getting to the tower.

thanks for any help on this one.
corvairbob is offline   Reply With Quote