View Single Post
Old 7-May-2013, 6:20 PM   #14
JHCB

Thank you for the information on grounding. One more question on grounding: How far can I run the 6 or 8 gauge wire? My antenna and where the line enters the house is on the opposite side of my electrical panel box and ground rod. My house is just about completely surrounded by concrete. There is a cold water spigot about 15 feet away in a straight line (acorss the roof, which I guess is not a good idea). If I follow the eaves around it is probably 30 - 50 feet away. Thanks in advance for your good ideas!

I have one last question and my installation should be complete.

I currently have a DirecTV system (soon to be gone!). They ran coax to my TVs in a nice clean fashion; under the eaves and into the walls, etc. It says R6 on the cable. Can I take advantage of these materials and labor I already paid for? There is some sort of splitter (Zinwell Multiswitch) that goes from the dish out to the three rooms where I presently have boxes/tvs. Can I use it? Or, put a proper splitter in its place and utilize the cable lines that have already been run? Again, Thanks! Jason
JHCB is offline   Reply With Quote