View Single Post
Old 6-Jul-2015, 6:48 PM   #4
5Js

rabbit73 – thanks for the reply and the welcome to the forum.

I need to climb into the attic to see just how much room I have. The good news (I believe) is that the house is oriented North/South such that if I oriented an antenna down the length of the house it would be pointing 180 magnetic and out the gable end. So I should have plenty of room to point the HD7697P to 215 magnetic without issue. I do have a maple tree in front of the house, but I believe that is more at 240 magnetic depending on where I locate the antenna in the attic.

I think I’ll try that first as that should give me most of the desired channels. Then I can try 114 magnetic, but that may be a challenge considering the orientation of my house. It’s too bad I couldn’t pick up a filter for a reasonable price that would let me insert just channel 23 from a second antenna as I don’t have any other channels around that frequency. That would be preferred over an A/B switch.

I’ll see how that test goes then decide if I need a preamp or FM trap. Can I purchase just an FM trap for a reasonable price?

Thanks again for the advice.
5J’s
5Js is offline   Reply With Quote