View Single Post
Old 24-Sep-2013, 6:57 AM   #4
StephanieS

RCA Ant751

I agree with teleview. The RCA ANT751 is a nice little antenna that in the appropriate application can perform quite well.

As teleview said, being LOS and having a reasonable signal strength (15 db and up), you may find it works quite well. I have two antennas mounted on my roof at this time. One of them is a ANT751. I use it for locals and to shoot K23HT-D, a 225 watt Idaho Public TV Translator that is LOS at 55 miles and 17db signal strength. Never has the ANT751 failed to grab the signal and that was with with 100' of coax with no preamp. Even now with 100' drop of coax then being split to two tvs with an additional 20' and 50' after the split and no preamp, the ANT751 is still putting a stable signal to the farthest tv for k23HT-D.

With the ANT751 pointed at those translators, you should see every one of them.

The transmitters at 70 miles are going to require a much more aggressive set up. With no line of sight, the weak signals you may see them, but they may be prone to drop outs.

I think with the ANT751 set up outside with a nice obstruction free line of sight pointed at the translators at 6.6 miles, you won't need to go any further (unless you want to).

Last edited by StephanieS; 26-Sep-2013 at 7:17 AM.
StephanieS is offline   Reply With Quote