View Single Post
Old 26-Apr-2011, 5:16 PM   #11
GroundUrMast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdubb View Post
I had a little time to play with the antenna. Shooting right at South Mountain (how it is installed now) I am able to receive the channels I posted. If I turn the antenna toward the east I am able to pickup channel 15.1 (really want this channel)

The little that I read. Combine to antennas with a reverse splitter. (I think thats what its called) Is that what you guys are talking about?
The XG-91 is a large high gain UHF only (real channels 14-69) antenna. The YA-1713 is a large high gain H-VHF (real channels 7-13) antenna. These would replace your existing antenna. Combining the output of each is best done with a frequency sensitive devise called a diplexer, specifically a UVSJ. The 10G221 preamplifier has the UVSJ built in. A common splitter can be used to combine multiple signals but will attenuate the signals from both antennas and will permit undesired interaction between the two antennas. The 10G221 preamplifier also has a switchable FM filter which may be needed to reduce interference from some of the stronger FM stations.

Given the narrow profile of the Casa Grande hills, it's not surprising that you would see signal diffracting around them. Fine tuning your aim point is certainly worth the effort.

(Please direct account activation inquiries to 'admin')

Last edited by GroundUrMast; 26-Apr-2011 at 5:27 PM.
GroundUrMast is offline   Reply With Quote