Thread: Fine tuning
View Single Post
Old 4-Sep-2013, 4:41 PM   #3
Pete

Thanks for all the help. I followed your suggestion and got a new chart using your method.

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...46ae2d5ba57b79

Yes, the antenna is pointing right thru the forest. The forest is not dense and is 95% leafy trees.

The antenna must go in the attic, so there is no point testing it outside. No matter how many channels I get 'outside', the antenna still has to go in the attic. Sorry.

I re-did the test using only one amplifier instead of two, but I didn't succeed to repeat the previous result of obtaining only 12 channels instead of 14. It could be due to the fact I replaced a 50' cable with a 10' which took me from 90' of cable from antenna to amp down to 50' of cable. I initially didn't have a 10' cable.

Btw, in addition to receiving all the channels listed in the green portion of the table, I also get two additional channels not currently listed. 9.1 RDI (CBC in French - it comes on 9.1 and 9.2). I also get 11.1 CHCH-DT1. Also, some of the channels (virtual) do not match mines. For example, City TV is listed as 17.1 on the chart, but I get it on 65.1.

The cable/internet/phone panel in the basement has a "module 1 X 8 Way Splitter, 4 X10 Phone 110 Terminal". Max distance from module/splitter to TVs is ~ 50'.

To repeat: antenna--->50' cable--->Antronix 1 port 15db--->1' cable--->Microline 4 ports 7db/port--->~50' cable---> tv OR --->1' cable--->Module/splitter--->~50' cable---> tv.

IOW, I use 3 ports of the Microline to go directly to TVs and use one port to feed the Module/Splitter. And from the Module I go to additional TVs.

So the questions are: 1) Which antennas could go to the attic and might give me all Canadian and American channels? And, is it worth it to try a 30 db amp instead of my 15?

Thanks

Last edited by Pete; 4-Sep-2013 at 4:43 PM.
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote