View Single Post
Old 13-Mar-2014, 3:26 PM   #1
johnodon

Combining ANT751 and DB4 @ 90deg

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...5b947ba1900476

So, I'll preface this by saying that I love my DIY projects. So much so that I am a glutton for punishment.

Anyway, I have an ANT751 that is picking up pretty much everything I need (UHF, Lo-VHF and Hi-VHF 30 miles away) in the direction it is pointed (122/123 true). I am very happy with the results.

However...

There are a few stations @ 36 true that I would also like to receive. So, I think I have 2 options....

1. I was going to build 2x 4-bay bowtie attenas (mclapp style) and point one at 122 and one at 36. I would also build a Hi/Lo VHF antenna (not sure if I can even build one of these) to also point at 122.

2. I would keep the ANT751 pointed where it is (122) to receive UHF/VHF and build 1x 4-bay bowtie attenas (mclapp style) and point it at 36.

Which is the better option?

if #1, can I combine the 2 UHF antennas using only a splitter in reverse and then combine the output of that with the VHF antenna using a combiner? Would this create too much loss?

If #2 is the better option, is there an issue using a combiner with a UHF/VHF antenna and another UHF antenna? Would this create some ghosting issues?

John

Last edited by johnodon; 27-Oct-2014 at 1:56 PM. Reason: update title
johnodon is offline   Reply With Quote