View Single Post
Old 21-May-2014, 1:25 PM   #1
cov1978

antenna advice/distant but strong signal

Hi everyone. I am new to the site and would like some advice on what would be the best antenna for me for my location. Here is my tvfool report:

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...e1c6f74b908a90

I am half way between Los Angeles and San Diego and the broadcast towers for L.A. are 60 miles away, but the signal still looks to be pretty strong from the report. Strangely, the report does not change whether I enter the height of 10 ft or 30 ft. I mostly want the L.A. channels and the San Diego ones are mostly the same networks anyway. All the channels I would want are in the green. Looks like I need an antenna with both UHF and high VHF to get those channels, and I would prefer to mount it in my attic if possible, though roof access is possible too if you think that would be necessary. The report seems to indicate that an indoor antenna should work, but those antennas normally have listed ranges of about 35-50 miles and I am concerned because,, even though my signal is strong, I am 60 miles out. Should that make a difference?

I have read on your site about the ANT751 but the listed range is 35 miles, and the C2v, but listed range is 50 miles. Winegard tells me they recommend the flatwave but have not heard enough about that one on your site. I have no obstacles in my attic except that the antenna would be facing the side of my neighbors house to the north. No trees or hills in the way and I basically live on top of a hill. From my roof with a mast I could get slightly above my neighbor's house, if needed. I appreciate any advice you can give me. Thanks.
cov1978 is offline   Reply With Quote