View Single Post
Old 31-Aug-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
Damon459

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
The signal levels shown in your report suggest you need to use a large antenna with UHF and High-VHF capability or a combination of separate single band antennas.

Given the rather extreme terrain in the Missoula area, the accuracy of a prediction may be affected. Your reception experience thus far is encouraging.

Consider the Winegard HD7698P pointed at 314° per a real compass. If you have more than one TV to connect, or more than 50' of coax between the antenna and TV, add an RCA TVPRAMP1R preamplifier.

A premium system would be an Antennacraft Y10713, Antennas Direct 91XG and the TVPRAMP1R. Regardless of which option you choose, the antenna(s) need to be outside, clear of obstructions.
Thank you for the reply. I was actually already considering the Winegard HD7698P, so I was surprise to see and expert suggest it. The other Antenna I was considering is the HD Stacker Antenna from Denny's TV Antenna's which I understand is made by winegard exclusively for them. I was also considering upgrading my RCA TVPRAMP1R to the Channel Master CM 7777 Titan2 or Winegard AP8275 Chromstar 2000 Series VHF/UHF Pre Amplifier, I'm currently leaning towards the winegard do to cost? Also can you recommend an Antenna rotor since I really do want PBS?
Damon459 is offline   Reply With Quote