View Single Post
Old 25-Mar-2013, 1:42 AM   #1
OberGeiss

07083 (NJ) OTA ...a wee bit of a quandry

http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...1ddaf4977c93f5

Above is my current analysis report, dated today 3.24.13.
I am running a AD 91XG UHF antenna, to a AD CPA-19 amplifier, all new cable a year ago (RG-6) and new compression fittings, to a Toner Cable 1 ghz 3 way balanced splitter (XGVS 3B), to 3 sets in the home.

Problem is still a reliable signal for WLIW, virtual 21.1, 2 and 3.
Pretty much my favorite channels so getting this right is important to me.....admittedly first world problems.

Have not used Coax seal and have had a lot of wind and bad weather since install one year ago.

Seemed more solid, reception that is, when I installed.
Thinking I need to re=point the antenna perhaps but beyond that I am open to ideas, including new antenna if apropropriate. All the NYC channels at 22 degrees are useful as well so I'd like to continue getting those as well.

I checked my coordinates with Google Earth and verified that I have them entered correctly...one thing, the report lists all the NYC Manhattan broadcast towers as 22 miles but I'm fairly sure, also checking Google Earth, that the current broadcast location (Empire State Building) is only 16 miles or so. Will be even closer once broadcasting resumes from Freedom Tower.

All insights appreciated.

Best, David
OberGeiss is offline   Reply With Quote