View Single Post
Old 9-Dec-2014, 2:04 PM   #14
coggsnyrnyg

After work yesterday, went home and had about a half hour to play around with antenna before going out for the night. Got a compass from work, but it was very hard to use. Moved antenna based on the suggestion above about the landmarks on the map, and the compass. But, couldn't tell if I was exactly 47 degrees. Downloaded a compass to my phone, closest I could get was 49, so tried it. Fox came in great on both HD and SD. However, by the time I could actually test it, only had about 5 minutes to watch before I had to leave.

This morning, Checked downstairs tv, HD wouldn't come in at all, SD was fine. Also looked up the channels and here is what my tv said. However, it was pouring this morning. Would heavy rain impact the signal?

5-1 is WNYWDT, frequency of 44 (HD Fox)
5-2 is a Movies channel also frequency of 44.
5-3 is WNYWDT-3 SD Fox on frequency of 44.
the other 5-3 (yes, my upstairs tv is getting two 5-3's) is WNYW SD on a frequency of 38. These four all come in on my upstairs tv (this is the one closer to the antenna, and amp, and connected to the tivo.

Downstairs, the tuner is not picking up 5-3, WNYWDT-3 at all. When I go to 5-3, it says, "WNYW-SD", the channel that the upstairs tv is saying is frequency 38. Probably explains why it comes in when the HD on 5-1 doesn't.

Another thing is 5-3 on frequency 44 hasn't come in at all upstairs.

I did not have time to try anything else like disconnecting the splitter or tivo. Will try tonight.

thank you everyone for the input.

Last edited by coggsnyrnyg; 9-Dec-2014 at 2:08 PM.
coggsnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote