View Single Post
Old 3-Oct-2013, 2:29 PM   #4
Stereocraig

Quote:
Originally Posted by protivakid View Post
Alright my bad for thinking it sent dc to the motor. I will try again with the multi-meter tonight and see what I get.

Does it matter that the dot moves even when none of the pins are connected on the back? Your comment made it sound like that should not be the case.

Any idea on what the pinouts are for 1 2 3? I read somewhere that 1 might be CW rotation and 2 CCW.
With a DC motor, that theory would make sense, but this system simply selects between the two pairs of windings, which are each oriented to spin the armature in opposite directions.

I made my statement in reverse.
If the dot is moving, then it IS putting out, because the controller motor is working. Meaning that there is voltage at that motor.
The motor in the controller, is used as a timer and is identical to the one up on the mast.
In a perfect world, they would both complete their cycles at the same time.
The one in the house is not subject to wind and other factors, and hance, needs to be calibrated, from time to time.

You could also try rocking the rotator, like you would a stuck car.
This will not damage anything.
Otherwise, you will need to open the rotator ant try spinning the first gear that the motor meshes with, to free it up.
If you decide to remove the mast shaft, watch for the 10 ball bearings.
Stereocraig is offline   Reply With Quote