View Single Post
Old 25-Nov-2011, 10:34 PM   #13
phone man

I'm not even sure the 4228HD is the "best" antenna for me but it has decent gain and it works. A coworker of mine who has his own satellite and TV antenna business recommended the 4228HD. I receive all the Columbus stations including the CW affiliate that broadcasts from Williamsport just west of Circleville, 65 miles away. All these stations are within 9 degrees of each other so I don't have to move the antenna at all. I also receive the local Mansfield station (real ch 12) thru the backside of the antenna. This was also part of the reason for going with the 4228HD, it's supposed cover upper VHF as well as UHF. Knowing what I know now, I might have chosen an antenna that had higher gain for real channel 46, my weakest station. It doesn't drop out that often but having an antenna that excels where you need it most is a good thing.

I'm quite new to all this stuff and enjoy reading as much as I can about it. Picking up distant TV stations when atmospheric conditions allow is a lot of fun.
phone man is offline   Reply With Quote