View Single Post
Old 25-Nov-2011, 4:41 AM   #9
skatingrocker17

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundUrMast View Post
Not over the typical tropospheric path.

If you are seeing intermittent reception from stations that are arriving via one or two edge paths... Then yes, then there are usually ways to improve reception.

Is there an example station on your TVFR that you are particularly interested in?
Nearly all of the Fort Wayne and Detroit stations are 2EDGE. I don't really anticipate getting either one with the current antenna I have. It's probably between 30-35 feet in the air and when it's pointed to the exact degree of a Fort Wayne or Detroit station in the day time, nothing comes in.

But I was wondering... could an pre-amp overload even a low signal? I wonder this because then I point my antenna away from Toledo I receive all the Toledo stations but when I point it towards Toledo, I hardly receive any. And last night when I was getting Fort Wayne, Indianapolis, Lansing and Cleveland I had the antenna pointed at Toledo.

Just ran a scan... tonight I'm getting:
WKEF ABC Dayton
WPTD PBS Dayton
WBDT The CW Dayton
WTTE FOX Columbus
WKOI TBN Richmond, Indiana
WRGT FOX-MyTV Dayton << Showing signal of 88%
WSTR MyTV Cincinnati
WDTN NBC Dayton
WCMH NBC Columbus << Almost signal of 80%
WHIO CBS Dayton
WBNS CBS Columbus
WGGN Sandusky
WCPO ABC Cincinnati
WRTV ABC Indianapolis
WNDY MyTV Indianapolis
WOSU PBS Columbus
WSFJ TBN Columbus

By the way, tonight I'm aimed at Fort Wayne, but no Fort Wayne channels. Could I be overpowering them?

This all might seem normal to you, but I've never really messed with a decent antenna, I've always had cable or satellite. I'm really surprised I haven't run into any Detroit stations yet, that's really the only larger city I've yet to see.

Last edited by skatingrocker17; 25-Nov-2011 at 6:03 AM.
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote