View Single Post
Old 24-Nov-2011, 5:37 AM   #1
skatingrocker17

How does this station come in?

Hello,
I recently purchased the RCA ANT751R antenna and a Wingard 8275 preamp (I have DirecTV but I just want to mess around with an antenna for fun). I've been messing around with the antenna a little bit today, trying to find out where to aim it (I've been using TVFool data and a compass). I've been aiming it a different cities to see what I can get (Fort Wayne, IN - Lima, OH - Toledo, OH - Detroit, MI). Anyway I'm in the Toledo market and I can pick up Lima/Toledo stations no problem.

Tonight I was messing around with the antenna some more and just decided to leave it alone until tomorrow and aim it towards the Toledo towers. I have the antenna about 20 feet off the ground. So I went in and ran one last scan for the night and saw that I was getting 53.1 WLAJ ABC Lansing. But how? It's located nearly 100 miles away and I don't even have the antenna pointing in the right direction.

It seems odd, but if I can manage to get that for a few minutes at a time, could I possibly achieve something even closer like Detroit or Fort Wayne? I'm putting the antenna up another 10 or so feet tomorrow.

By the way, here's my TVFool data, WLAJ is listed as Tropo; which I know stations with those paths probably have the least chance of coming in. Maybe all the conditions are just perfect for tonight.

Last edited by skatingrocker17; 24-Nov-2011 at 2:27 PM.
skatingrocker17 is offline   Reply With Quote