View Single Post
Old 9-Feb-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
kieths

Website signal analysis colors used not clear

Unable to see the color differences clearly in the current TV Signal Locator / Interactive TV Coverage Browser. I'm not color blind, but the color scheme being used is just too washed out to see the color shades clearly on all the monitors I've got, both LCD and CRT.

Suggest to use the colors....similar to those used by the 'Smilies' at the right side of this 'Post New Thread' message editing screen. The red is...RED (perhaps just a tiny bit too dark). The Green is GREEN, not a drop of light pastel green color in a bucket of water, etc.

On a positive note, the forecast signal quality I've found on this site matches very closely with the real life signal performance I've seen in the field.

I've made a 'doctored up' suggested updated color scheme screen capture (see attached). I basically just cranked up the color saturation to max, and cropped out lots of wasted space from the original capture. I also dropped to 256 colors with color bleeding reduced to improve some on clarity and file size.
Attached Images
File Type: gif TVFool-Suggested-colors.gif (38.5 KB, 1457 views)
kieths is offline   Reply With Quote