View Single Post
Old 2-Nov-2011, 5:20 AM   #1
Cotton

Need help on selecting best antenna for my location!

These are the channels TV Fool listed for my home: http://www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wr...4bbae63d9c7e07

I don't plan to use a tv rotor or amplifier. I plan to use about 50 feet of RG6 cable. I may use black iron as a mast since it is heavy duty. The antenna will be mounted about 5 feet above the top of the roof. The antenna will be for only one tv. Since the black iron will go into the ground about two feet I am not sure if I will need a grounding rod.

I have a large 20 year old UHF/VHF Radio Shack Antenna now but the signal seems to be weak. It has a splitter to it and feeds several tv's. When I add this antenna it will only be for the tv I use most often and I will keep the Radio Shack Antenna for the other tv's. The new antenna will be around 40 feet from the existing antenna so it hopefully will not cause any interference for the new antenna.

I am guessing I need a deep fringe antenna like the Channel Master 3671 or Winegard 8200u. But, I really don't have a clue as to what type of antenna I need.

Any suggestions/recommendations? I appreciate any help anyone may give me.

Last edited by Cotton; 2-Nov-2011 at 7:03 AM. Reason: Added information
Cotton is offline   Reply With Quote