View Single Post
Old 29-Jun-2016, 12:32 PM   #11
newmguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
Both the 91XG and the DB8e are very directional.
I am having difficulty determining the beam width of each antenna. Are they 30 degrees? Are they both the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADTech View Post
For an out-of-the-box install, the DB8e would be my suggestion. However, if you have the patience and the inclination to do some fabrication and experimentation, two 91XG Yagi's can be horizontally stacked and you can try to force a small null in the direction of the CNTower to slightly knock those signals down.
So I would use a combiner with the two antennas stacked? In my experience this hasn't worked well for me at all, In fact I lost all of the weak stations in the process.

I am concerned about overloading my amplifier with the powerful signals from Toronto. This is why the 91XG was suggested to me over the DB8E.

Basically I want to increase the ever so weak signal from WGRZ Buffalo, and lessen the dropouts, without affecting the other Buffalo stations.

I found that Toronto signals will always come in, even when the antenna is peaked at Buffalo.

Trouble is that I can't return the antenna if it doesn't work well for me so I want to pick the best one of the two.
newmguy is offline   Reply With Quote