View Single Post
Old 10-Jun-2010, 2:06 PM   #20
Michael55555

Smile Additional Information to HD Stacker Review 06/09/2010

06/10/2010

The HD Stacker is the best consumer TV/FM antenna for its size, period.

The station I am picking up on low VHF Ch. 6, RF6 from Philadelphia, PA, 93 miles away is WPVI-DT (ABC6-Philadelphia) on real channel Low VHF 6.

There is a 30 watt pirate station in Brooklyn, NY 15 miles away using vertical polarization at a height of 60 feet using a 30 inch quarter wave vertical whip antenna. Guess what, the HD Stacker picked up this flea power pirate station at 104.7Mhz at a receive height of 10 feet plus 6 feet above sea level, when I oriented the VHF stacker antenna into vertical polarization. When I turned the VHF antenna back to horizontal polarization, the pirate station was like magic gone and I was picking up far off 104.7Mhz from Poughkeepsie, NY 80 miles away dead full quieting.

In addition, I am picking up WTNH-DT RF10 from New Haven, CT, 2 edge from 73 miles satisfactorily.

My recommendations are: (1) WEATHERPROOF THE TWIN LEAD WIRE BY SOLDERING THE COPPER WIRE TO EACH RING TERMINAL; (2) WRAP THE TWIN LEAD WITH 3M BRAND ELECTRICAL TAPE TO PROTECT IT FROM WATER AND SOLAR UV RADIATION, THIS WILL MAKE THE TWIN LEAD LAST A GOOD LONG TIME; (3) WIPE ALL SURFACES OF THE ANTENNA WITH PAINT THINNER AND WIPE OFF WITH A CLEAN RAG AND PAINT THE ANTENNA WITH A NON-CONDUCTIVE PAINT EITHER CLEAR OR THE COLOR OF YOUR CHOICE (DO NOT USE METALLIC PAINT SINCE IT WILL SHIELD THE SIGNALS YOU WANT); WEATHERPROOF ALL TWIN LEAD TERMINALS AFTER MAKING YOUR CONNECTIONS USING COAX SEAL OR ROOF SEALING COMPOUND; (4) USE RG-6 SOLID COPPER CORE QUAD SHIELD FOR DOWNLEAD: USE A PRE-AMP LOCATED 14 INCHES BELOW THE ANTENNA TO MAKE UP FOR DOWNLEAD LOSS; (5) GROUND THE ANTENNA USING #6 COPPER WIRE USING A GROUND CLAMP ON THE MAST AND AN 8 FOOT GROUND ROD BELOW THE ANTENNA, CONNECT THIS TV GROUND ROD USING A #6 COPPER WIRE BACK TO YOUR ELECTRICAL PANELS GROUND ROD SO THE GROUND VOLTAGE POTENTIAL OF YOUR AC GROUND AND COAXIAL CABLE GROUND ARE THE SAME= 0 VOLTS.

I am extremely pleased with the HD Stacker TV antenna and would recommend it to everyone, you will receive more TV and FM stations than you knew existed in your reception area. I receive all New York City Stations, most Philadelphia, and most New Haven and Hartford, CT stations with this antenna. My prior antenna could only receive New York City and give me a deep fringe area rolling vertical picture for these stations.

The HD Stacker antenna rocks on low VHF 54-108Mhz, hi-VHF, and UHF.

I am a new customer. I am not paid to endorse this product, I am writing based on my personal experience with the HD Stacker TV antenna.
Michael55555 is offline   Reply With Quote