View Single Post
Old 26-Aug-2018, 2:32 PM   #90
Dagwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeAZ View Post
Greetings Dagwood,

I suspect many, many stations have issues from time to time.
Some of those issues are made public but sometimes they are not.

Take Care, Joe
GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hey AZ bud!

Yes, I'm sure they have problems, as I've experienced with both PBS and CBS just within the past few weeks. Because my digital reception with some stations can be edgy from atmospheric conditions, or certain station signals are always weak because of my location, my first assumption is that the problem is always with MY antenna system.

I will have to stop thinking that way when I have additional problems and will check online first. This actually makes sense because those two stations above just went out completely and totally, were 100% dead. When I have reception problems that are on my end the audio starts cutting out, then the picture stalls, etc. it doesn't just go completely dead.

Here's something I've been wondering: When I was young (long time ago) stations would of course go haywire from time to time, but it only seemed like it would be for a short time -- an hour or two -- not days like now.

Just guessing: Digital broadcast systems are more complex (more potential things to go wrong) than analog, and:

In the old days, OTA was all there was, so when the signal went out it was a very high priority to get fixed, not so today with cable, etc.

Comments anyone?

Joe, you are a Bills fan? Did you tell me that some time ago? -- sounds familiar. Ha, we will see if this year is any different.
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote