View Single Post
Old 11-Dec-2016, 12:27 AM   #9
DeDe

I'm back. To set record straight I am a she😃
I do the research and audio/ video technical stuff, hubby is the muscles and lucky one on the roof.😉

Wireless Engineer you were spot on. Set up did work getting us Fox and PBS at one time. Angled approx at 131 degrees SE as suggested by Denny. Up there 2-3 years, all fine. Received:
6-1 thru 3 wcsh/ 10-1 thru 4 mpbn / 13-1 & 2 wgme and GetTV / 23-1 wpfo Fox and 23-2 GritTV. Channel 8 came and went with wind/storms.

We showed up one weekend this summer and less channels were available. Thought lightening hit. Changed pre-amp. No Better. Ran coax directly from antenna down directly to TV. No better. Added new pre-amp, altered angle, same results.

A huge white pine we didn't like and thought might be the issue he dropped. Nuttin. Last weekend we raised antenna a few feet, re-connected original coax, angled at 209, (after trying diff options) and let it be for season. Snow is flying.

I do have a radioShack indoor/outdoor flat square hdtv antenna, mounted indoors, upstairs at roof(peak). Face of it is facing southeast. (Will post angle when we are up in Maine Friday). This antenna gets us all channels we had on TV downstairs. Storms do affect channel 8.

Thought on running that coax to a combiner to connect thru to TV downstairs.

Thanks for all thoughts and input. Goal is to enjoy channels we can get to the best possible for winter and resolve next spring p. It's a PITA and hoping his roof visits can end with out having to purchase a satellite dish service.

Dede
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote