View Single Post
Old 1-Dec-2016, 11:36 PM   #2
ADTech
Antennas Direct Tech Supp

RF 29 has a mere 30.7 kW in your direction at over 62 miles and is on a short (682' AGL) tower

RF 14 has a measly 1700 watts in your direction at 45 miles and is on a bit taller tower (967' AGL). That's about as much power as a high-output hair dryer, to put it in perspective.

You're well out of either station's expected coverage area. Sporadic reception, if any, would be the expectation. You could conceivably stack a pair of antennas to pick up perhaps 2-2.5 dB of gain and swap out to a lower noise preamp, but the payoff for the effort would probably net you, at best, about a 3 dB improvement in the system noise figure. That might take your reception from perhaps 95& unreliable to 85% unreliable.

CKCO on RF 13 is a VHF station, you have a UHF antenna design that was never intended for VHF and I've never characterized or measured its VHF performance. However, I did notice one time a while back that it tended to pick up VHF a bit better when its boom was perpendicular to the signal direction, you might play with that idea since you have a rotor.

For support and recommendations regarding our products, please contact us directly at https://www.antennasdirect.com/customer-service.html

Sorry, I'm not a mod and cannot assist with your site registration.

Last edited by ADTech; 1-Dec-2016 at 11:41 PM.
ADTech is offline   Reply With Quote